Sir Joseph Banks Hotel
Hotel begun in 1840 as a two storey Georgian building and added to in stages over many years. The estate included sporting grounds and a zoological garden. Situated in what is now Anniversary Street, the building remains virtually intact. In 1921 the complex was sold and the hotel eventually converted into apartments. The license was transferred to a new 'Sir Joseph Banks Hotel' built on Botany Road.