St Bede's Catholic church Pyrmont

Victorian Gothic church constructed using stone from the local quarry by voluntary labour, illustrating the material poverty but strong spirit of the Irish immigrant community. The presbytery was added by 1890 and the school was built in 1924, with an enrolment of 22 children, replacing an earlier weatherboard schoolhouse which had been in use since the 1880s. It closed in 1954.

-33.86777424231703, 151.1937534660046

Milestone
Constructed
1867
Type