St Benedict's Catholic church Broadway

An early Catholic church and school, designed by British architect AW Pugin which was shortened in 1926 to allow widening of Broadway.

Milestone
Constructed
1845 - 1852
Modified
1926 - 1941
Name
Alternate
St Benedict's chapel
Type

St Benedict's Catholic church Broadway

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Built in the mid-nineteenth century and containing one of Sydney's most significant church organs, St Benedict's was shortened in the 1930s when George Street West was widened to become Broadway.