Church of Mount St Bernard, Botany

Catholic church situated in Botany Road. The original small ornamental chapel was built in 1860, then renovated and enlarged in 1895 when it was reopened by Cardinal Moran. A school and convent was also attached to the church. In 1954 the building was sold to the Department of Civil Aviation and later demolished to allow expansion of Sydney Airport. The present church was constructed in Ramsgate Street in 1956.

Milestone
Constructed
1860 - 1862
Opened
1862
Modified
1894 - 1895
Replaced by
1954
Closed
1954
Demolished
1959
Name
Alternate
St Bernard's Catholic church Botany
Property
Comprises
Type