St Jude's Anglican church Randwick

Victorian Gothic church built in 1865 on land donated by Simeon Pearce. Some of its interior fittings were designed by Edmund Blacket and the church contains the only ringable steel eight bells in the world, which were originally cast in 1864 at Vickers, England. The Tower was heightened in 1877 to accommodate the clock and the transepts added in 1889.
Milestone
Constructed
25 May 1861 - 29 Jun 1865
Opened
29 Jun 1865
Modified
1877
Modified
1889
Position
1865
Property
Part of
Type