St Stephen's Presbyterian church Macquarie Street

Church in central Sydney opened in 1935, site of the first televised church service in 1956.

Milestone
Replaced
1934
Name
Alternate
St Stephen's Uniting church Macquarie Street
Type

St Stephen's Presbyterian church Macquarie Street

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

This interwar Gothic building, opened in 1935, became the home of Sydney's oldest Presbyterian congregation, after the extension of Martin Place to Macquarie Street led to the demolition of the previous St Stephen's in Phillip Street.