State Library of New South Wales building

Complex comprising the State Reference Library and the Mitchell Library buildings on Macquarie Street. The sandstone Mitchell wing opened in 1910 and was extended in 1942 to incorporate the New South Wales government's Free Public Library. The Macquarie Street wing where the State Reference Library is housed opened in 1988.

Milestone
Constructed
1906 - 1988
Opened
1910
Property
Occupied by
Comprises
Comprises
Occupied by
Occupied by
Type