Strickland House

Early Victorian Italianate mansion originally called Carrara at 52 Vaucluse Rd, Vaucluse. It was designed by John Hilly and built for John Hosking in 1855. It has also been used as a school, convalescent hospital and aged care facility.

Milestone
Constructed
1855
Name
Alternate
Carrara
Commemorates
Alternate
Strickland House Convalescent Home for Women
1915 - 1933
Alternate
Convalescent Hospital for Men and Women
1933 - 1960
Alternate
Strickland House Hospital for the Aged
1960 - 1989
Position
Property
Owned by
1856 - 1878
Occupied by
1879 - 1888
Owned by
1883 - 1888
Type