Supreme Court building King Street

Court
01 Jan 1828 -

Georgian style courthouse on King Street next door to St James church. The building was originally intended to be the Georgian Public School, Macquarie's first public school, but was modified during construction to accommodate the Supreme Court instead.

Milestone
Constructed
1820 - 1829
Name
Alternate
Old Court House
Commemorated by
Position
1819 - 1828
1867 - 1868
Property
Occupied by
1828 - 1977
Occupied by
1977 - 1994
Occupied by
1994
Type

King Street Courts

,
2011

Originally designed as school buildings, then adapted for the Supreme Court and added to over nearly two centuries, King Street Courts are the heart of Sydney's legal precinct.