Sutherland Memorial School of Arts hall

Opened in 1922 by TJ Ley, local member and Minister for Justice, this community hall housed a library and billiard room, and dances were held 4 times a week. Flourishing from the 1930s to the 1950s, the building was in disrepair by the late 1960s and transferred to Shire Council ownership c1975. Still in use as a theatre and community resource.

-34.031041964336, 151.05692560423

Milestone
Constructed
1921
Type