Building on lower George Street that housed the offices of the Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser, between 1810 and 1824. The newspaper was founded in 1803 by publisher and printer George Howe. The building on lower George Street (then numbered 96) was a warehouse, store and residence. It was owned in 1810 by Edward Wills, and subsequently by his widow Sarah Wills, who married Howe in 1812. In 1921, the Royal Australian Historical Society placed a commemorative porcelain plaque near the intersection of George and Alfred Streets to mark the location of the building.