Technological Museum building Ultimo

Ornate symmetrical three storey building which, as the Technological Museum and later the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences, exhibited examples of the skills and industry of the colony. Though the collection rapidly outgrew the building it was not relocated until the Powerhouse Museum was constructed in the 1980s. The building was then converted for educational purposes for the Sydney Institute of TAFE.

Milestone
Constructed
1892 - 1893
Name
Alternate
Technological Museum
1893 - 1945
Alternate
Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences
1945 - 1988
Position
1891 - 1893
Property
Part of
Occupied by
1892 - 1988
Occupied by
1988 -
Type