Tarmons

Darlinghurst villa built of Sydney sandstone later used as the first St Vincent's Hospital, and then St Vincent's College until it was demolished in 1966.

Milestone
Demolished
1966
Name
Alternate
St Vincent's Convent
Property
Owned by
1828 - 1838
Owned by
1848 - 1855
Occupied by
1857 - 1870
Occupied by
1870 - 1966
Type

Tarmons

,
2012

Built for Sir Maurice O'Connell, Commander of Forces for NSW, in 1838, Tarmons was the scene of society balls and occasions before it was bought in 1855 by the Sisters of Charity as a convent and hospital, becoming the headquarters for the order in Sydney. It was demolished in the 1960s.