The George

Residential block located on land granted to William Redfern in 1816. When the estate was subdivided in 1842 several brick buildings were erected which housed a builder, a confectioner, a boot maker, a railway guard and an engine driver before conversion for use as a picture theatre which also hosted amateur boxing. A warehouse built in 1927 housed Leyland Motors and then Renault until the 1970s before further conversion to apartments.

Name
Alternate
Royal Star Picture Theatre
1914 - 1918
Alternate
Leyland Motors Head Office
1927 - 1959
Alternate
Renault Australia
1959 - 1972
Type