The Metro Kings Cross
Luxurious Art Deco style theatre and offices originally built in 1939 as a live entertainment complex called the Minerva. It was bought in 1948 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and converted into a cinema, renaming it the Metro Kings Cross in 1952. After MGM was bought out by Greater Union Organisation in 1969, Harry M Miller staged the musical Hair at the theatre and it returned to live theatre use until 1976. It was converted to a short-lived shopping centre in 1981 before shopping market before being acquired in 1982 for use as a film studio by Kennedy Miller Mitchell.