The Vineyard

House and farm on the Parramatta River established by Philip Schaeffer on his land grant in 1792. After several private owners it was purchased for the Catholic church and converted to a convent school for young girls in 1851. When the school declined it housed a closed Benedictine community until the area was reclaimed for industry in 1957.

Milestone
Demolished
1961
Name
Alternate
Subiaco
1849 - 1957
Property
Owned by
1792 - 1797
Owned by
1797 - 1813
Owned by
1813 - 1849
Owned by
1849 - 1877
Type