Tranby

Cottage built for his daughter on his Toxteth estate by George Allen. The original six room Georgian building was modified with north and eastern wing additions in the 1880s and 1910. In 1957 Tranby became a training centre for the development of co-operative practices for Aboriginies under the control of the Australian Board of Missions Christian Community Co-operative.

Milestone
Constructed
1858
Name
Alternate
Toxteth Cottage
1858 - 1870
Alternate
1957
Position
1858
Property
Part of
Owned by
1858 - 1887
Occupied by
1957 -
Type