Ultimo House

House built in 1804 by surgeon John Harris on his estate at Ultimo, and extended in 1814 by the convict architect Francis Greenway. It was Greenway's first colonial commission.

Milestone
Constructed
1804
Demolished
1932
Position
1814
Property
Owned by
1804 - 1838
Occupied by
1821 - 1824
Occupied by
1825
Occupied by
1855 - 1857
Occupied by
1858
Occupied by
1897
Occupied by
1911 - 1924
Type

Ultimo House

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2010

Demolished in 1932, Ultimo House was then claimed to be Sydney's oldest residence. It had been one of the most prestigious houses in the colony.