The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Ultimo power station
The Ultimo Power House on the corner of Harris and William Henry Streets was built in 1898 'in the Italian Renaissance style of architecture' to supply Sydney's new electric tram system, and opened in 1899, producing choking clouds of coal dust over Ultimo. After the trams stopped in 1961, the building became redundant. In 1988 it was modified to house the Technological Museum and reopened as the Powerhouse Museum.