The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Westpac Bank Building
Bank building at 341 George Street, built in the Inter-War Commercial Palazzo style which reflected the commercial optimism of the pre-Depression years. Part of the site was originally used by the first military barracks and parade ground before being subdivided in 1850. The first Bank of New South Wales occupied the site from 1853. The bank acquired additional land as the business expanded.