Yarra Bay House

Thought to have been built as a second cable station for use between 1903 and 1917, it has also been a medical ward, girls' industrial school and boys' truancy school before becoming an administrative centre for the Aboriginal land council.

Name
Alternate
Yarra Bay Boys' Home
Alternate
Yarra Bay Truant School
1939 - 1955
Position
1940
Property
Occupied by
Owned by
1984 -
Type

Yarra Bay House

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2015

Yarra Bay House, originally built at La Perouse as a cable station, served as a NSW Government children's home from around 1917 until the 1980s. Since 1984 it has been owned by the La Perouse Local Aboriginal Land Council and has been the hub of the La Perouse Aboriginal community.