The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Beauty Point (Hornsby)
Persistent URL for this entry
To cite this entry in text
To cite this entry in a Wikipedia footnote citation
To cite this entry as a Wikipedia External link
Beauty Point Hornsby
Located at the entrance of Coba Bay on Berowra Creek in Hornsby Shire, Beauty Point is also known as Coba Point.  Long the land of the Dharug people, the western bank of Berowra Creek was gradually settled by Europeans during the nineteenth century.  The original land grant of 40 acres (16 hectares) on Beauty Point was given to Joseph Rae, but by 1905 it was held by John Kelly.  That land has now been subdivided along the waterfront.
 John P Powell, Placenames of the greater Hawkesbury Region, Hawkesbury River Enterprises, Berowra Heights, New South Wales, 1994, pp 7, 26
 Anne Ross, 'Aboriginal Life on the Lower Hawkesbury at the Time of European Settlement,' in Jocelyn Powell and Lorraine Banks, Hawkesbury River history: Governor Phillip, exploration and early settlement, Dharug and Lower Hawkesbury Historical Society, Wisemans Ferry, 1990, pp 31–32; Tom Richmond, Bar Island and Lower Hawkesbury River Settlements, Deerubbin Press, Berowra Heights, New South Wales, 2005, pp 3–7
 New South Wales Department of Lands, County of Cumberland, Parish of Berowra Map, 1885; County of Cumberland, Parish of Berowra Map, 1905; John P Powell, Placenames of the Greater Hawkesbury Region, Hawkesbury River Enterprises, Berowra Heights, New South Wales, 1994, p 26