Persistent URL for this entry
To cite this entry in text
To cite this entry in a Wikipedia footnote citation
To cite this entry as a Wikipedia External link
Previously called Fishermans Bend, it was named Fishermans Point on an 1831 survey map, which also records a 35-acre (14-hectare) land grant there to two businessmen, FJ King and RW Robinson.  Since then, Fishermans Point has developed into a secluded residential and recreational area.
 Anne Ross, 'Aboriginal Life on the Lower Hawkesbury at the Time of European Settlement,' in Jocelyn Powell and Lorraine Banks (eds), Hawkesbury River History: Governor Phillip, Exploration and Early Settlement, Dharug and Lower Hawkesbury Historical Society, Wisemans Ferry NSW, 1990, pp 31–32
 John P Powell, Placenames of the Greater Hawkesbury Region, Hawkesbury River Enterprises, Berowra Heights NSW, 1994, p 43; Tom Richmond, Bar Island and Lower Hawkesbury River Settlements, Deerubbin Press, 2005, p 4