The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
A series of ships anchored adjacent to Sow and Pigs Reef in Sydney Harbour as an aid to navigation. The first was the Rose in 1836. She was replaced by HMS Bramble in 1856 which was in turn replaced by Bramble II in 1877. In 1912 an acetylene gas light was used instead.