The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Bank of Australasia building
Bank building at Martin Place on the corner of George Street opposite the General Post Office. Designed in the Federation Romanesque style by American architect Martin E Raht for the Bank of Australasia, the building opened in February 1904. After the bank was merged with the Union Bank of Australia into the Australia and New Zealand Bank, the building operated as one of the ANZ Bank's head offices. In 1980 it was occupied by the United Permanent Society and later became a retail space.