The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Earliest remaining market building in Sydney and was extensively restored and reconstructed in the early 1990s. For its first four years it was operated as a fruit market before it was converted into offices with posted street-level awnings. It became known as the Corn Exchange from 1900 during a private attempt to establish the city's grain market in the building. Commercial tenants inhabited its upper levels from 1917.