The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Built as 'the finest house in Sydney' this two storey Georgian home of eight rooms had a cellar, stables and servant's quarters. Known between 1831 and 1945 as Ormond House. By 1852 it was a home for destitute children and then a children's court. Almost demolished in 1921,a public outcry saw it redeveloped for commercial use with shops replacing front garden which were only removed in the late 1980s. It is now used as partial residence and gallery after the Moran family took a 99 year lease in 2012.