The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Marcus Clark Building
Nine storey department store built in 1913 for Marcus Clark & Co at at 827-837 George Street Railway Square as a furniture showroom, an extension to the existing flagship store at Railway Square on the corner of Pitt and George. In 1928 the building on George Street was modified to become the main store. The store closed in 1965 and the building was purchased by the Sydney Institute of Technology in 1966.