The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
St Stephen's Anglican church Newtown
Gothic revival style church designed by Edmund Blacket which is still surrounded by its churchyard and trees, despite its inner-city location. It was built in 1871 in the existing Camperdown Cemetery. It was the second St Stephen's church building in Newtown. The first, on Longdown Street, also designed by Blacket, was consecrated in 1845 but quickly became too small. After the new church opened the older building was used as day and Sunday school, and then converted for use as a parish hall until it was destroyed by fire in 1938.