The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Highly decorative two storey heritage building with Australian fauna and flora decoration, pressed metal ceilings and marble wall panels located on Mary Ann Street within the historic precinct of Ultimo College. The building, erected in 1892, was used for various purposes during the twentieth century including an auditorium with a seating capacity of about 1,000. Following renovations in 1990 it now has a seating capacity of 450. It is named for J W Turner the Superintendent of Technical Education 1906-13.