The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
The Melocco Brothers - Pietro (Peter), Antonio and Galliano - were the first tradesmen to practice mosaic craft in New South Wales and introduced terrazzo to Australia. The business was established in 1908 when Pietro Melocco arrived in Sydney from Italy, with his brothers joining him in Australia in 1910. From 1919 the business was located at 1 Booth Street, Annandale. The Melocco Bros carried out some of the finest decorative plaster work in many private homes, theatres and public buildings. Some of the firm's best known works include the crypt of St Mary's Cathedral, the Interstate Booking office at Central Railway Station and the Tasman map in the vestibule of the Mitchell Library building.