The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Prince Henry Hospital
Hospital established during the smallpox epidemic of 1881, on a then isolated bay south of the city. Later used as a convalescent hospital, and later as an infectious diseases hospital, it became a full teaching hospital and operated on the site until it was redeveloped for housing from 2001. Services were transferred to the Prince of Wales hospital.