The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
St Anne's Orphanage
Children's home that was opened at George Street Liverpool in 1888 by the Sisters of Charity. Principally for the care of girls, young boys were occasionally admitted. The Orphanage was relocated to smaller premises at Medley Street Liverpool in 1970 and continued to receive children until the end of 1977.