The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
St James School
School operating from the 1820s by St James' Anglican church on land that ran between Elizabeth and Castlereagh streets. The site was resumed by the government in 1882 after denominational schools lost government funding under 1880's Public Instruction Act. The church was compensated for the resumption in 1886 and these funds were used to establish Sydney Church of England Grammar School (Shore).