The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Originally part of a 60 acre grant to Samuel Blackwell in 1831 who named it Tivoli. It passed to Thomas Horton James in 1831 and was subdivided, Sydney merchant Peter Haydon purchasing the future house site of 18 acres. Owned by the Dumaresque family from 1840 to 1881, it then passed to Morrice A. Black then Joseph Pearce in 1892 though only 6 acres remained. James R Love was the final private owner before it was purchased for Kambala School in 1913.