Alexander Mackie College of Advanced Education

Teacher training college established in 1958. Classes were conducted at five different sites in inner-Sydney, with the main campus in Albion Avenue, an administrative campus was in Commonwealth Street and other venues ine in Flinders Street. In 1981 the fine arts training component became the City Art Institute in Paddington and the remainder moved to Oatley as the St George Institute of Education.

Milestone
Opened
1958
Split off
1981
Split off
1981
Name
Commemorates
Alternate
Alexander Mackie College
1958 - 1974
Type