Australian Gas Light Company

Energy supply company formed in Sydney in 1837 which supplied gas to Sydney street lights from 1841. It oversaw the conversion to natural gas in 1976, and diversified into electricity before merging with Alinta in 2006. AGL Energy is still a power retailer.

Milestone
Formed
1837
Incorporated
06 Aug 1980
Name
Commemorated by
Position
1837
1837
1837 - 1840
1862 - 1890
Property
Owner of
Owner of
1837 - 1912
Type