Carrington Centennial Hospital

Convalescent hospital, the first in New South Wales, officially opened on 20 August 1890, and named after Lord Carrington, Governor of New South Wales. The 500-acre property 'Grasmere' had been donated by William Paling for this purpose in 1888.

Milestone
Replaced
1888
Name
Alternate
Carrington Centennial Care
Alternate
Carrington Centennial Hospital for Convalescents and Incurables
Position
1888
Type