Crown Street Women's Hospital

Maternity and women's hospital which became the largest in Sydney when it moved to Crown Street in 1897, catering for Sydney's inner-city population and training hundreds of doctors, nurses and midwives. Closed in 1983, its facilities were transferred to hospitals in Sydney's outer suburbs.

Milestone
Opened
1893
Closed
1983
Position
- 1922
1895
Property
Occupied
1897 - 1983
Occupied
1947 - 1983
Type