Glebe Fire Brigade

Initially a voluntary brigade which protected the Glebe area with limited equipment and resources, the brigade did not have permanent firefighters until 1911.

Milestone
Formed
1875
Merged into
1884
Name
Alternate
Glebe Volunteer Fire Brigade
1875 - 1879
Alternate
Glebe Volunteer Fire Company
1875 - 1879
Position
1875 - 1879
1875 - 1878
1878
1879
Property
Occupied
1880 - 1908
Part of
1881 - 1884
Occupied
1908 -
Type

Glebe Fire Brigade

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2015

The Glebe Fire Brigade began with volunteers in 1875 and became a permanent, professional brigade in 1911. Voluntarism was revived during World War II with the advent of the Women's Fire Auxiliary. Now part of the professional New South Wales Fire Brigade, the St Johns Road Fire Station still serves its community.