The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
North Shore Gas Company
Company formed by Charles Watt and James Walter Fell in the 1870s to supply gas to St Leonards and the North Shore. With works established at Neutral Bay, gas for lighting the streets of St Leonards East and Victoria began in March 1877. In 1980 the company was taken over by AGL.