Menswear store that traded on George Street near Wynyard for over one hundred years. It opened in 1866 as Peapes and Shaw on the eastern side of the street between Hunter Street and the post office, and in 1889 moved to new premises almost directly opposite. A new building, now known as Beneficial House, was erected by the store on this site in 1922 and occupied by the firm until 1970.

Milestone
Opened
1866
Closed
1971
Property
Occupied
1923 - 1970
Type