Pendrill's School

A grammar school for boys which was established by the Reverend John Pendrill in his residence - Eglinton House, Glebe. Many of Sydney's elite families sent their sons to be educated there, among them the sons of the Colonial Architect Edmund Blacket as well as the newspaper proprietor, Samuel Bennett.

Milestone
Opened
1861
Name
Alternate
Eglinton College
Alternate
John Pendrill’s Glebe Academy
Alternate
Pendrill's Grammar School
Position
1861
1863
1863 - 1868
Type