PN Russell & Co

Engineering company created in 1855 by Peter Nicol Russell in partnership with his brothers John and George. It was wound up in 1875 after industrial unrest and financial difficulties.

Milestone
Formed
1855
Incorporated
1855
Incorporated
1855
Closed
1875
Position
1855
Relationship
Business partner
1855 - 1863
Business partner
1855 - 1875
Type

Russell, Peter Nicol

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2012

Engineer and businessman Peter Nicol Russell was a force in manufacturing, importing and sales of all kinds of metal work and engineering supplies, providing components for many large projects in nineteenth-century Sydney. Although he retired to Britain, he endowed the School of Engineering at the University of Sydney, to help it produce a new generation of engineers.