Hospital established during the smallpox epidemic of 1881, on a then isolated bay south of the city. Later used as a convalescent hospital, and later as an infectious diseases hospital, it became a full teaching hospital and operated on the site until it was redeveloped for housing from 2001. Services were transferred to the Prince of Wales hospital.

Name
Alternate
Coast Hospital
1881 - 1936
Position
1881 - 1886
1891 - 1905
1894 - 1898
Type