Roycroft Bookshop and Lending Library
Bookshop and library established by Lucy R Peacock in 1906. After several changes in location the business was bought by Frances Zabel in 1923. In 1925 the shop moved to Rowe Street where she also sold pottery, glassware and art. The shop's logo of two entwined fish was designed by Adrian Feint. After Mrs Zabel's death in 1933, the store had a succession of other owners, and it finally closed in the early 1970s when most of Rowe Street was subsumed into the development of the MLC Centre. Some of its collection was acquired by the Fisher Library at the University of Sydney.