Sydney County Council

Body formed to assume control of the Electricity Department previously part of the Municipal Council of Sydney, supplying electricity to the city and other municipalities. In the 1950s its generating stations were transferred to the Electricity Commission but it continued distributing power until it was dissolved with the Sydney Electricity Act 1990.

Milestone
Formed
17 Jan 1935
Dissolved
18 Dec 1990
Name
Alternate
Sydney Electricity
Position
Type