Sydney Infirmary and Dispensary

Clinic created in 1826 to provide outpatient care for 'free poor persons, unable to pay for medical attendance'. It operated from several city premises before obtaining occupancy at the Rum Hospital. In 1844 it changed its name from the Sydney Dispensary to the Sydney Infirmary and Dispensary, and in 1881 became the Sydney Hospital.

Milestone
Opened
1826
Replaced by
1881 -
Name
Alternate
Sydney Dispensary
1826 - 1844
Position
1826 - 1827
1842 - 1843
1851
1866
1873 - 1884
Type