Organisation responsible for the maintenance and extension of Sydney's water supply, formed in 1880 when these functions were taken from the Sydney City Council. Reformed a number of times by legislation, the organisation was corporatised in 1995 but remains state-owned.

Milestone
Formed
10 Jun 1880
Name
Alternate
Board of Water Supply and Sewerage
1888 - 1892
Alternate
Metropolitan Board of Water Supply and Sewerage
1892 - 1925
Alternate
Metropolitan Water, Sewerage and Drainage Board
1925 - 1987
Alternate
Water Board
1987 - 1994
Alternate
Sydney Water Corporation Limited
01 Jan 1995 -
Position
1888
Type