William Inglis and Son
Auctioneering and produce agency first established by William Inglis and Joseph Butler at 793 George Street, Sydney. After Butler left the partnership, Inglis established a 'horse bazaar' between Castlereagh and Pitt streets in 1882. There the company sold a wide range of livestock, horses, vehicles and other machinery. In 1917, the company purchased the Newmarket site in Randwick for 50,000 pounds. Since then it has expanded nationally.